Cancellation, Refunds & Returns
Order once placed can only be cancelled within 12 hours from the placing the order, you can write to our customer support team on email@example.com, call us on +919606861314 or contact us via in-app Support Chat. In such cases, the order will be cancelled and the money will be refunded to you within 48-72 business hours after the cancellation request.
FOR POINT ITEMS
In most cases, return simply does not make sense to both giver and taker. FreeUp will help both parties mediate the situation. If an item is found to be misrepresented (not as advertised) or damaged due to poor packaging, the giver may be penalised and taker compensated with points. In this situation, if return is necessary, the giver at fault may be asked to bear the cost of both journeys.
FOR CASH ITEMS
1. Return is possible for the following situations:
(i) if the item received is damaged and/or not able to serve its utility purpose, and the condition is not disclosed as Heavily Used.
(ii) If the item received is not as advertised e.g. the giver sent the wrong shirt.
(iii) if the item received has expired.
2. Return is not possible if it is due to a slight defect not included in the original post description, or slight damage due to poor packaging, but still able to serve its intended utility purpose. In this case, a compensation amount will be deducted from the giver's money to compensate the taker.
3. For categories of Clothing and Fashion accessories where any defect was not clearly communicated by the Giver with clear images and description, e.g. a stain, a hole, a partial or full refund will be possible if found to be giver's negligence for not disclosing complete info. Any balance amount will then be credited to the giver's account.
4. If there is a missing item in a clubbed order due to the giver's negligence, the giver shall send the missing item without delay at his/her own cost.
5. If the item received is damaged due to poor packaging, the giver at fault will be responsible for the return logistics fee. If the item was damaged due to logistics negligence, FreeUp will assist the taker to claim for the item's cost including delivery fee paid.
6. To qualify for return, all recipients must take a clear OPENING VIDEO and submit to FreeUp within 3 DAYS of receiving the package. After 3 days, the order is deemed as satisfactorily completed and return will no longer be possible. A payment link will be sent to the giver to initiate the process of crediting the amount to the giver's bank account.
7. The video should be taken in one go without different clips being combined, and to start BEFORE opening the package, with delivery slip clearly visible. Video should include all sides of the package, opening the package and checking for damage and damage should be visible from the video.
THE BASIC ETIQUETTES
T1. Disclose all defects in the item post if any, whether minor or major, in the post to avoid unnecessary disappointments and maximise cash amount receivable.
2. Keep in mind that takers could give negative reviews and result in lower rating, which will affect the ranking of your products and your ability to sell more.
Please note: Mode of refund may vary depending on circumstances. If the mode of refund is by Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking, please allow 10 to 14 working days for the credit to appear in your account. While we regret any inconvenience caused by this time frame, it is the bank’s policy that delays the refund timing and we have no control over that. If the mode of refund is by e-wallet, credit should be available within 24 hours.
During peak seasons please allow up to 15-18 business days for your return to process.